Friday, May 12, 2006

"Fear Nothing"

I see the depth inside your soul

That speaks beyond the words

You hide behind.

I see the sunrise in your hopes,

As you hold on to night

And cling to the darkness,

As if it is all you’ve ever known

Or wanted.

But somewhere far away

A whisper is heard in the stillness,

And a soft wind begins to blow

…Change.

It caresses your face gently,

And you desperately seek to slow down

And bask in the warmth of it’s freedom.

Instead, you turn and walk away,

Back into the arms of nothing,

Where all is familiar

And the façade of safety envelops you

In it’s empty embrace.

You fear nothing…

But love.



~~~~~~~~~~

Here are some of my thoughts on relationships...


It has been said that in order to know love, you must first surrender to it. I agree. Why do we fight the things we want most in life? It reminds me of Paul's raw confession in Romans 7, when he wrote, "The things I DON'T want to do, I do! And the things I want to do more than anything, I don't do! Why?!" It's the age old war of flesh against spirit. It's the result of our natural inclination as fallen creatures to embrace self-destructive tendencies (i.e.: putting up walls, shutting down feelings, allowing ourselves to be self-centered), and shun the unfamiliar and frightening act of trust. I think it's so hard to trust another human, because we have all experienced let down. Humans are fallible and unpredictable. But God is not. And a relationship with God at it's base, as the very foundation of that love... has a much better chance at success! With God ALL things are possible! (Phil 4:13).... even lasting love. He can create beauty from ashes, I have seen it done. The key is to trust in the LORD with all of your heart, leaning NOT on your own understanding (Prov. 3:5&6). God knows what is best for us, where we do not. And when it comes to matters of love and trust, I believe that is the perfect time to lay those burdens and fears down at His feet, and see what miracles He can work in your heart and life! If you want nothing but His will, He will show it to you. Just ask (Psalm 37:4&5). And if He reveals His will to you when it comes to matters of relationships, don't run from it! Trust HIM, and let go of trying to control it yourself. It's only in letting go that security can come. He promises prosperity to us, even in relationships, if we will only trust in Him claim it (Pslam 84:14). Do not allow fear to be your guide. Perfect Love casts out fear (I John 4:18).

Geez!!! Where did that sermonette come from???? LOL




No comments: