Saturday, February 24, 2007

"No Climbing This"

Okay, I’ll say it…

I have nothing to lose.

I’ll finally face it…

I’m still in love with you.

Today the sky was

Very far from blue,

But all the rain does not

Wash my heart of you.

I remember

Sunny, summer days.

I gazed upon you,

And watched you look away.

I never listened

To what you had to say.

I only hear what

I want to anyway.

You were more than

Anything I’d dreamed.

With all your walls you

Still broke right into me.

And I can’t face the

Fact that there’s no hope.

I think I’d climb up,

If you’d just throw a rope.

Now day is dawning,

And I can see your face.

You lack desire;

It left without a trace.

And so, from down here,

I look up at your cliffs,

And realize that

There is no climbing this.

Don’t you worry…

You’ll never be alone.

And in my heart you

Will always have a home.

I hope that someday

You’ll wake up to a smile,

But just remember

I’ve loved you all the while.

It’s not deleted

Cuz’ I don’t feel it back.

I will not force it,

Nor make up for what you lack.

I’ll just remember

Everything I’ve learned.

You gave me so much,

But for much more I yearned.

Please remember me…

Do not take this as a plea…

When you find the time to feel…

Please just know my love was real.

No comments: