Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Life is good.

I'm happy today! I won't get into all of the reasons why, cuz' as you know, I can be wordy! I'll just summarize and say that God is sooooooo wonderful and faithful and good! He takes care of me. Always, and without fail. I am so far from where I want to be, and no where near perfect. And yet, somehow, My God sees fit to shower me with blessings. It completely amazes me. I don't know that His Mercy, Grace and Love are things that I will ever come to expect. I'm perpetually surprised by Him.

I gotta talk about my kids for a minute...

One of the many things I am so happy about is the fact that my kids got their report cards yesterday, and they are all doing so awesome! Gosh, I am so proud. Bre and Caleb came to live w/ me September 2008, when I received primary custody of them. Before that, I only saw them every other weekend during the school year, which was absolutely heart-breaking. Since that time, I have seen them grow and improve in so many ways. Nate has always been with me, of course. He and I prayed for so many years that all of us could be together a whole lot more. And even though the circumstances which have finally enabled that were less than positive, we are now together. Our prayers were answered. And everyone is just doing so well! My babies are so smart and sweet and wonderful. I am one very blessed and proud mama.

Yes, we have our tough moments. After all, they are kids. They do act up sometimes. And I am still learning how to do this single mom of three thing. It's pretty hard some days. But all in all, I'd say it's going incredibly well. They are such a joy to me. Life has not been a very easy one for them, sadly. Nor for me. But, having the opportunity to see my kids' academic, emotional and spiritual growth this past year has been such an honor, and one of things I am thankful for on this happy day.

I'm recognizing the way our God is taking care of us all. And I'm thankful.

4 comments:

rocky29 said...

its no wonder why God is blessing you like he is. Everything that you do is for the benefit of others. You are the most selfless person that I know. God sees this selflessness and goes to his father every day and says, this is Monica. In whom i am well pleased. Love ya!...keep it up.

Monica said...

Thank you! Who are you? The comment notifications don't tell me the name of the commenter. It just lists the Blogger ID...

rocky29 said...

lol...sorry...its scott

Monica said...

Awww... thanks, Scotty!!!