Saturday, October 23, 2010

"Rain"

Rain.
The sky is shedding therapy.
God knew.
He has spread wide the floodgates of the heavens.
He has demolished a dam in my soul.
Painful, awakening, cleansing, blissful
Rain.....
Fall and fall and fall on me
Until these feelings
Wash away,
And I am clean and free again,
To live with passion,
To love with wisdom;
And grow like a brand new, brightly colored tulip,
Eager to experience warmth and light.
I must greet this storm with openness.
Soon I will be new. Beautiful. Strong.
Liberated.
The sun will shine again.
But for today,
I will surrender to
Rain.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Monica, you are such a talented writer. This really touched my soul and made me cry a little but smile at the same time. Thanks for sharing!

Rachel

Monica said...

Thanks so much, Rach! God has big and wonderful things ahead for us both. I truly believe that. Life is a series of experiences, both pleasureable and painful. Most of which are brought about by our choices. I don't know about you, but I've decided to start choosing better, and allow God to be in complete control. He's a lot better at it than I am. And He is the Great Healer, even of hearts. I'm embracing the process, knowing everything will make sense in the end.

rob said...

Good for you Monica! (Praying, wishing God's best for you...)

your unc
rob