Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Just a couple of poems

"Love's Metaphor II"

Just like the Redwoods, so sturdy, so strong;
Like soft, northern breezes that hummed our love song;
Like blankets of waves that caressed the seashore,
Unceasingly flowing, returning for more...
So saw I our love: secure, solid and deep.
But it waxed evanescent, and not ours to keep.
Great billows and torrents and weathering bluffs,
Eroded the surface of what never was.
Although dissipated - dispersed by the gale,
I reflect quite fondly on our fairy tale.
I wonder, do you dream of love's metaphor?
Do you climb those Redwoods along rippling shore?
If you think of me, tenderly reminisce
The depths of that ocean... the taste of that kiss,
And we can pretend it was endless and true.
When reverie seizes, I dance there with you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Lovers”

Lovers...
They walk about
hand in hand
so brutally.
Have they no sympathy
for the spectator?
How rude of them
to kiss.
They cuddle and coo
maliciously.
How could they?!
They do.
Oh, they do.
But I
am not
a captive audience!
I have better things to do,
anyway.
So...
I turn away.
I depart.
I run impossibly far
from the obscene scene,
and opt not
to look
upon love.

No comments: