Monday, May 19, 2014

"Castle Heart"


There are certain parts of me,
Specific rooms
Left purposefully untouched...
Whole corridors in a dark castle,
Abandoned.
The locks on the doors
Have keys that were thrown away
Years ago.
I have for so long feared
The contents.
The memories.
The feelings.
And so, not only did I not enter,
I willed myself to
Forget.
But I, the involuntary Master,
Am making some very big changes
Around here.
I am bravely walking about…
Venturing farther with each new day.
I am dusting relics,
Clearing cobwebs.
Flinging open
Heavy, musty curtains
And letting rays of sunlight
Spill in,
Gloriously devastating the darkness.
Spring cleaning has begun
For the first time ever,
And I am inspired
To unclutter,
Unlock,
Unhide.
Some of those dank and lightless spaces
Do frighten me…
But I will break the seals
Anyway.
I will enter at any cost!
Darkness and fear,
And avoidance and denial,
Only exist in the absence
Of light and bravery,
And clarity and truth.
I am the sole proprietor,
The queen,
Of my castle heart…
And I am making this home
A place I want to be.



mg ~ 5/19/14

No comments: