Monday, April 25, 2005

New Course

How many times must we wander the same aimless path, before it dawns on us that we are still getting nowhere? Someone once said the definition of insanity is repeating the same action over and over again, expecting different results. That's a scarey thought! I find myself doing that a lot! I really want to chose differently, from this point forward. I really want to wake up and feel truly liberated, rather than merely aiming for freedom. I always say, the only way to fail is to quit trying, soooo.... time to try a different route. I think I will let God plot the course this time. Time to give faith a shot. ~M~

"Almost There"

I walk without direction
At dusk. Suffer the heat,
There is no irritation;
No sound, save tired feet.

And all that I can think of
In midst of disarray,
I just how deeply peaceful
Your spirit felt today.

And gratitude pours through me.
Joy pulses in my veins.
This feels so much like pleasure;
This peace, it mutes my pain.

True, there are things I long for,
Things long I’ve craved to know;
But blessings I once ignored
Abound and overflow.

And in time broken pieces
All fall right into place.
For now I am content with
The way You mend my faith.

No hope have I but this one:
You, my refuge become.
I’ll not fabricate solace;
Deceit weighs freedom down.

I stop and breathe this stillness.
I taste the tranquil air.
My soul feels vastly lighter.
I think I’m almost there.

No comments: