Monday, April 17, 2006

"Kindred Soul"

I cannot think of a time

When I felt completely secure.

I cannot think of a soul

That did not view me as obscure.

I do not feel loved.

I do not feel known.

And right about now,

I want to go home.

I wish just one person would give

The way that they want to receive.

I wish just one person could love

With not one intent to deceive.

I’m feeling no warmth.

I’m not finding hope.

I feel I am reaching

The end of my rope.

I wish I could finally trust,

And fall into the arms of one

Who holds me like I am his all;

Who’s arms make me feel I am home.

But no one can give

The way that I give,

And no one thinks love

Is the point to live.

I’ll go on accepting this load,

And wage the brave battle within.

I’m so used to fighting alone.

I’ll swallow my wishes again.

I’m tired of the ache.

I need to find rest;

To lay my head on

A kindred soul’s chest.

Where are you… do you ever dream of me?

No comments: