Sunday, October 14, 2007

Romance: Reminiscence of Recklessness

So many pursuits in life
That time’s swift to evade.
Looking back on all the love’s
Grown cold and gone away,
I recall how passionate
I was to win that race.
At finish lines, I always cried
For time that I did waste.
Reflections on emotions felt;
How opposite I feel
To all that need, to all that want.
Now, all of that’s unreal.
The only love I desperately
Want now to pursue
Is You, my God, for I can see
No love compares to You.
Perpetually, love lets me down
I’m accustomed to pain.
It bothers me not anymore.
I’ll never love in vain.
You’re all I want and all I need.
And I will let it die:
The part of me that did believe,
Compromise, and deny.
Romance is for fools who think
That fairytales exist.
I have all the love I need.
I have not one more wish.

No comments: