Thursday, August 14, 2008

A prayer and a song

Sometimes I wish I could stop thinking and feeling, just for a moment. It is so exhausting. My head and heart hurt. I need rest, Lord Jesus. And peace. I love him, Lord. You know this. I want it to be easier. I want to feel safe. I want no doubts from either side, only a knowing and total faith. Why is this so hard? I can't stop thinking about him, not for one moment. I feel our futures are entertwined, and if this is true, then why are there things that need to be worked out in order for that to be? See... all of these questions make me tired, and all of this missing him makes me blue. I am going to rest. Grant us both epiphanies and prophetic dreams and a love that is deeper than true.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Let Go & Fly
MG
08/14/08

We hold on so tightly,
Afraid to let go,
Afraid we will break
If we let ourselves fall.
But love cannot flourish
Among shrouds of doubt.
There’s so much to nourish
If we’re to find out
The lovely potential
That all this love bears.
Don’t let it be choked out
By all of those fears.
The one thing I promise
To try harder at
Is not throwing walls up
When I’m feeling sad.
Sometimes you do say things
That so wound my heart,
But far worse the pain is
That we are apart.
So please just be careful
With this power to break.
I’ve let you in deeply.
I’ve so much at stake.
But you, love, are worthy
Of life’s greatest risk.
I know that it’s worth it.
I promise you this.
So without abandon,
Let’s let go and fly.
Our passion will lift us.
We won’t have to try.

No comments: