Tuesday, August 05, 2008

"Wondering"

MG
08/05/08


I wonder what it would be like
If we could have just swallowed pride.
I wonder where we would be now,
If I’d never have taken that vow.
Would this have ended differently,
If the future was all that we could see,
And the past didn’t matter so much?
Would we be this out of touch?

But it was not enough,
And it will never be.
The gulf was far to wide,
And you can’t fly to me.

The truest tragedy of all
Is the the fact that I have wings,
And if I would have just jumped off,
I could’ve flown us to eternity.
But you said you yearned to experience
“Other Things”, and take the chance
At losing all the ground we’d gained,
Rendering all my love in vain.

It was not enough.
You said you would be “settling”,
So I have to let you run,
As I walk on, wondering……………

No comments: