Sunday, October 19, 2008

"Free Fall"

You put up with
Walls that I give.
You don't run away.
You don't deserve
This life, those words.
I can't make things change.
I want to grant
More than I am;
More than you give to me.
I want not to
Run, save to you.
I just can't break free.
I am tied to
All the lies you
Won't let you believe.
I want to let go,
Fall into you,
But these fears won't leave!
Don't let me run.
When will you come
And rescue my heart?
Now is crazy.
Then is hazy.
I've so many scars.
I can't expect.
You're not perfect.
This is no fairy tale.
You accost me,
I've no reprieve.
I just fade to gray.
Be my white knight
Please, let's not fight.
I'm too weak to try.
It's been so long
Since I have sung.
I'm too numb to cry.
Bring back laughter,
Happily ever after,
And all the dreams that fell.
Do I ask too much?
Am I out of touch?
You know me very well.
Am I too broken
To ever move on
And live a life of love?
Please be strong now.
I know you know how.
Be all that I've dreamed of.
I'll come around.
I will be found
Where you saw me last.
Please be patient,
Solid, intent,
With compassion vast.
I need your softness
Tender caress
Come cradle my heart
And I will drop walls
Run and free fall
Right into your arms.

No comments: