Saturday, April 11, 2009

The Bright Side of Suicide

The unforeseen perk of leaving death’s door:
It offers a chance to start over,
Re-prioritize, get up and press on,
And not look back over one’s shoulder.
I’ve no desire now to entertain thoughts
Of “would haves”, nor “should haves”, nor “whys”.
My desire of desires is to set all that free.
I’m humbled, and grateful for life.
I’ve in front of me such a beautiful chance
To reach out to those who have fallen,
And with much compassion and great empathy,
Remind them they still have a calling.
The enemy wants to steal all our joy,
He tells us we don’t have a purpose.
I’m very aware it was not flesh and blood
That told me that night, “You’re not worth it.”
And I just can’t thank my Savior enough
For seeing beyond all my shame,
And holding me close, although I was far,
And gently calling me by name.
No, I won’t look back. I’ll watch for attack,
And press on steadfast toward my goal.
This life hurts my heart, but Heaven awaits,
And one day, I’ll finally be Home.
So deeply I know my purpose remains.
I have so much left here to do.
I’ll broaden the road, and expose death’s lies,
For my life was saved by the Truth.

No comments: