Saturday, April 11, 2009

"Good Friday"

I’ve felt so alone in this world,
Just like an abandoned girl.
I feel You’ve felt the same way
Long ago on this dark day.

“Good Friday” seems to me
So cold and contradictory.
I feel the pain You pursued;
The ache You chose to endure...

You carried that cross for me!
You gave up all Your dignity!
You were crucified by those
Who refused
To believe You were the King of Kings…
Because You knew
I would.

I feel ashamed that I cry
Over all the pain in my life.
Contemplating all the pain You felt;
One Who was so pure, yet You knelt...

And took those blows for me.
You were that Rose for me.
And I can never repay
All the wounds You bore that day,
But I can thank You now and pray
That I can spread the word and say,
He is the One we’ve all been waiting for!
He’s King of kings and Lord of lords!
He’s Father, Healer, Master, Real and
Everyone that we’ve been waiting for…
Once upon a time…
Happened long ago!

I love You, Jesus, I love You!
Father, I thank You!
Healer, embrace You!
Lay it all down for You!
Oh, how I adore You!
Savior, I’m for You!
I will speak up for You,
Because I know You did
Not just speak for me
No, I know You did
Lay down Your life for me,
So I will give everything I have
To spread Your word. I’m glad
To say I’m alive.
And it’s because of Jesus Christ.

_________________________________

I have to add how this one came about....

I had a song in my heart late last night, and was compelled to get up and sing it out. So, I was singing this one and playing the keyboard, then taking a quick second between lines to jot it in my notebook. It flowed out of me so freely, and continued on for over an hour! I had a beautiful time with the Lord, last night, and this crazy flow of love lyrics came out.

No comments: