Friday, February 21, 2014

"Already There"


When there are big changes
In front of me…
Small hills to climb,
Large mountains behind,
You see.

When nighttime pulls me
With it’s dark dream…
And twighlight’s a warning,
I’m alone until morning,
You sing.

When weariness engulfs me
And no comfort is near…
And I close my eyes,
And pray through my cries,
You hear.

When I surprise myself
And conquer great feats…
Slay mighty giants,
And sing songs of triumph,
You beam.

When I have no answers
To all of the whys…
And I can’t foresee harm,
And I cannot keep warm,
You cry.

When assaulted by solitude
And there is no one…
To hold me past the tears,
Dissipate my fears,
You come.

When epiphany catches and
I stop running for a while…
Let myself just be,
And learn how to love me,
You smile.

When morning dawn finds me
Happy for a fresh chance…
And I awake with a smile,
Hopeful heart and clear mind,
You dance.

Through hard times and joys…
Like fresh rain from above…
Unconditionally quenching,
Saturating and drenching,
You love.

Through each of life’s journeys
You were and are always there…
Without even a call
You’re right there through it all.
You care.

~

MG ~ 2/19/14




Give all your worries and cares to God,
for he cares about you.”
I Peter 5:7




No comments: