Sunday, June 04, 2006

"Fallen Down"

Fallen down I know I’m bigger

Than the girl I used to be

Standing tall and feeling mighty.

I am valiant on my knees.

Vantage points seem to be changing.

Nothing feels the same at all

As imagined before climbing

Out of ruts that made me fall.

I can never let myself be

Who I was when I was me.

My goal is to blacken the dreams

That keep me from being free.

You are all I’m wanting these days.

Other things have faded out.

On my knees I’m so in love, Lord,

The kind of love this life’s about.

Deliverance is what I am seeking.

Other loves seem to distract

From the purpose I was destined

To fulfill. God, take me back

To the place I know I’m wanted;

To the place inside of me.

Where it’s only You and I, Lord.

That’s the Love that sets me free.

Praying now for closure and for

Inspiration to proceed.

I am broken but I’m joyful.

Maybe now You can use me.

No comments: