Saturday, June 10, 2006

"Home"

I’ve taken the plunge.

I’ve taken a risk.

And said, “Yes, I want to be yours.”

I’ve never felt quite

As frightened as this,

And never wanted anything more.

A long time ago

You came in my life,

And you stole this mistrusting heart.

But not until now

Did I look in your eyes

And see I had love from the start.

We were just friends

With walls up and fears.

I never thought I’d see the day

You’d pull me close

And gaze into me,

And choose to let fears melt away.

There was always friendship,

There was always love,

But not until now could I sing

Songs of commitment

And choosing to trust;

Songs of the joy your love brings.

So here’s to a new start

With us hand in hand

Walking down roads so unknown.

I am excited

To journey with you.

I feel like my heart has found ‘home’.

No comments: