Friday, June 23, 2006

"Fate"

Decisions often make themselves,

Although we try to fight.

We make our minds up stubbornly,

And force ourselves to try

To let go or to hang on

Or to control our fate.

But Someone else has bigger plans.

All we can do is wait.

Sure, we can get in the way

And choose to ignore signs,

But in the end, all will be known,

And we will see the light.

And so I choose to let Him lead

And not to force my will.

He’s far better at being God

Than me, so I’ll be still.

Sometimes I don’t understand

Why He allows the pain

Until the wound has healed and I

Feel sunshine after rain.

The growing process isn’t fun.

The end result is worth

All the times I humbly chose

To put His power first.

I could choose the easy route.

Instead, I choose to wait

Upon the Lord, who’s ultimately

In control of fate.

No comments: