Sunday, March 18, 2007

"Confessions of a Friend"

I don’t tell you everything;

I tell you just enough

To stimulate your sleeping rage,

And get you all fed up.

I never mean to do this,

But it’s hard to reach out.

I guess it’s just much easier

To blame, vent and lash out.

I should not have spoken

While I was feeling hurt.

I should have let the tears fall.

It would have taken work.

But apathy and numbness

Seem to be all I seek,

And all the hope I festered

Seems to now have left me.

I know I was too open

Many moons ago,

And these days I’m too broken

To let my feelings show.

So please, know as you go forth

And live the life you do

You may have left me long ago,

But I am leaving too.

I am not speaking hate words.

There is no anger here.

I’m simply in agreement

With what you said last year.

The way you never felt me,

Or let me in or cared…

The way you chose easy roads

Because you were so scared…

It all makes sense to me now.

I finally agree.

We are very different.

You’re not The One for me.

But still, my dear, I love you;

It has evolved and changed.

I took the ache out on you,

But now it’s gone away.

I do not need a thing that

I don’t already have.

You do what makes you happy,

And for that I am glad.

I pray your life is so blessed

That you can’t help but pray.

I hope we can remain friends,

If not right now, someday.

No comments: