Monday, March 26, 2007

"Treasure Hunts"

Searching bled me, false hopes led me

On treasure hunts that proved futile

I looked inside, I looked outside

Searching for my long lost smile

Drowning sorrows in a bottle

Shopping til I could not walk

Desperately searching for love to ease the pain

Covering the loss with empty talk

White Knights, streetlights, laughing with friends

Ways to stuff the ache down deep

Late nights, bedsides, seeking, aimless

Breaking vows I swore to keep

Drowning sorrows with a lover

Wondering why life cycles so

Nothing empty ever filled me up

All these nothings have left me low.

Tonight pride died I just realized

What I want is much, much more

I am bended, bowed and broken

Ready to accept what is in store

Drops of anything but Your love

Cannot numb a hollow heart

And I will not close my eyes, Lord,

I’m afraid to miss the start

…of sunrise

No comments: