Sunday, March 25, 2007

Faded Reveries

I cannot keep it together

I cannot keep the blues away

All of my life is in pieces

I loathe the mess that I have made

Spingtime used to be so happy

Sunshine used to make me sing

Looking through windows broken

Reminds of me of how I break everything.

I cannot blame a soul, me only

Has caused the chaos in my world

Nothing ever does complete me

God, how I miss my boy and girl.

Knights on white horses are distant

Fairytales of childlike fantasies

All I have left here are fragments

Pieces of faded reveries.

Come now, I’m begging you to take it

Every last shard, I lay it down

And all my pride I’ll toss away now

I know You can turn this around

Doubt always creeps in like rain storm

I never notice I’m cold til too late

I cannot fix it on my own, Lord,

Please won’t you take this storm away

Bring to me sunny, happy days, God

All that I have left is this prayer

I am so uncertain of tomorrow

Faith whispers, “You will be together there.”

No comments: