Sunday, September 07, 2008

"Circular Flight Patterns"

MG
09/07/2008

Endless we go round and round.
We never seem to touch the ground.
Flying so fast makes my head spin.
I catch my breath; we reel again!
Sweet misery in discovering
Just where I end and you begin.
Anguish of old marks this process.
I've suffered unnumbered losses.
But you should never have to pay
For former lives that triggered ache,
And left me to defend my walls,
Letting no soldier in at all.
Just waiting, hiding, wondering
If you would come and rescue me
With amorous, protective wings,
Clairvoyant love, and all those things;
And see right through my thin armor,
And hear not my defensive words,
Nor listen when I say, "I can't",
But kiss me when I start to rant.
And as we fly around again,
You never seem to let me win,
Nor sail away into the past
You hold me firm. You hold me fast.
You disallow me to retreat,
Conclude if I'll land on my feet,
Or lie and say that I don't care.
You know me well. You're everywhere
And high above the land below,
I'm knowing I'm about to know
How set apart we truly are
Despite the past. Despite the scars.
I do get scared of falling, though,
But I can't fear the great unknown.
For if I choose to not look down,
I think we'll stop this round & round
And forward fly, against the odds
Into the realms of Love and God.
And then this finding out will be
A not unpleasant reverie.

No comments: