Saturday, September 13, 2008

"Maybe"

MG
09/13/2008

If there is any chance
You could walk away
After we have danced,
Seen and swooned and swayed;

If looking in my eyes
Is not all you need,
I will believe not lies
That lead my heart to bleed.

I'll hear beyond the words,
And see beyond the dream,
And let the actions speak,
And let inaction scream.

And if my children are
A competition in
That selfish mind of yours,
Then no one really wins.

Everybody loses
When nobody believes.
God's knowledge is far greater
Than what you think you need.

He knows how to fulfill you,
And me and them at once,
Surprise us all with blessings,
Leaving fears undone!

How could there be a chance
That you would walk away?
If He's Who guides the journey,
Then He's why you should stay.

Your faith in me is lacking.
It's causing me to doubt.
I tempts to thwart the chance of
At long last finding out.

But I will accept peace now.
Just now I feel it too.
I do not know the future.
"Maybe" will have to do.

No comments: