Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Humble Thoughts

Sometimes the best offense is the absence of defense. Sometimes the only way to win is to accept that you may lose. A wise warrior knows there is a time and place for peace, and he stands down. Sometimes the best way to communicate is to be silent. Sometimes God speaks to us when we are not listening so hard for His voice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


"Pride"


Pride

please go away

And leave me here to cry

Take

the numb away

Let the loss flood my eyes

Sick

Of who I am

And who I fight to be

All

I need is to

Let go and to be me.

God

I need you now

I can’t fight anymore

Rest

Is what I need

Please tow me to the shore

Life

Is only what

I’ve made it out to be

Heal

My hardened heart

And set my spirit free

Pride

I’m letting go

And welcoming the risk

Raw

Is what I choose

I will not run from this

Peace

It suddenly

Washed over me just now

Fight

Has left my heart

I’ll be okay, somehow

Time

Can heal so much

Although it's hard to see

Loss

Is often what

Will bring humility

This

Is not my battle

Armor’s on the ground

Now

I see so clear,

It’s pride that I’ve laid down

No comments: