Tuesday, July 25, 2006

A prayer/song

....life seems to go in cycles. I wrote this song almost exactly 6 years ago. It came to my mind as I was praying this morning. It seems to fit where I am at again.



"All That I Hold Dear"


Wisdom, pain and pride accompanied by

Insecurity and double-eyes.

These are qualities that compile my life;

This is who I am and why I cry.


Yesterday is gone; I can’t erase it.

Bad decisions plague my little life.

All I want to do is make decisions

That fill me with respect and You with pride.


So make me into somebody bigger

Than who I see in this fun-house mirror.

Take me and all that is within me,

And make me make You all that I hold dear.


Self-esteem and wisdom tempered by

Kindness, patience and gentle, humble eyes;

A heart that seeks to serve and not to get praise,

This is what I’m seeking in my life.


And so I pray for more of You inside me.

So I scream and yearn to know Your peace.

Every day will be a growing, learning

Experience of becoming less like me.


Make me into somebody bigger

Than who I see in this fun-house mirror.

Take me and all this is within me,

And make me make You all that I hold dear.


Jesus, you are all that I hold dear.

No comments: