Sunday, January 28, 2007

"Healing Hope"

Sometimes I think I’ll never learn

Makes me think I might enjoy the burn

This time I am trying to be real

Maybe this time I’ll finally heal

Dark eyes warm smile and frigid heart

Made me think that I just might impart

Some small piece of solace to your soul

Trying in my way to make us both whole

But mending you was not my call

The sweat and tears didn’t heal me at all

So giving in seemed the thing to do

It wasn’t that I gave up on you.

Codependent habits always drag me down

All the love I gave could not turn you around

Portraits of a girl I wanted desperately to be

Faded long before you left me.

Tonight I feel patience creeping in

Covering over all of my past sin

Making me feel as if the day will dawn

forging through darkness til I see the sun

Wonder where you are in this crazy world

Probably drowning sorrows with a girl

None of it matters because I am through

Searching for ways to get through to you.

Nights are the hardest time to be alone

Feeling a stranger in my own home

But I refuse to succumb to self-pity

And I am taking steps to alterate me.

I hope tonight wherever you are

You know peace is never very far

Reach up and know that if you’ll let go

Serenity will wash over you.

No comments: