Saturday, January 20, 2007

"Love & Be Loved"

I thought you were the one

Who’d take my doubt away.

You left me here alone,

Not once; repeatedly.

You knew this day would come.

A heart can only take so much.

A flower cannot grow

Without a tender touch.

I’m letting go tonight

Of all my hopes and dreams,

But somehow, still I know,

Someday I’ll be happy.

You’ll live your life alone,

Surrounded by a crowd.

I’ll live my life in peace,

And I am starting now.

And one day one will see

Everything that I am,

And love me completely,

And not pretend he can’t.

I’m happy in my pain,

For I see past the storm.

Beyond the rain’s a life

To which I won’t conform.

I will be only me.

I’ll love the way I do,

And it will be enough…

More than it was for you.

I hope you get your wish,

Whatever it may be.

Your resurrected walls

Have caused me now to flee.

I won’t be coming back.

I know that I deserve

The same thing we all do:

To be loved in return.

No comments: