Sunday, January 28, 2018

Focus on the Good

A couple of days ago, I was praying to God and asking Him how come He doesn't just nuke this whole entire world. It is so bad!  There are so many people who desire to do evil!  It is disheartening to me, so I can only imagine how disheartening it is to our Creator to see the choices and actions of mankind, and all of the destruction that results.  He spoke back to my heart, instantly.

When I said, "The world is bad", He said, "No.  It is not.  It is good." ... This was not what I was expecting to hear from Him. Then He said to me, "There is so much good.  Even more good than there is bad. It is just harder to see. You need to focus on the good. You need to look for it."

WOW!!!!

God really thinks the world is good?!?!  He still has Hope in us?  If He sees it this way, then I must, too.

I have become aware that conscious thought is necessary. I need to choose to dwell on the good and not on the bad. The bad can seem so much larger, because the good is not in our faces everyday.

I believe that we can train our minds and create a conscious shift. If we acknowledge the good when it happens and choose to open our thoughts to it, then, close our thoughts to any of the negative... if we do this on a consistent basis, change can happen in us.  And if change happens in us, change can happen in ALL of us! 

Let's shift our thoughts and change our world.

Focus on the good.

No comments: