Thursday, January 25, 2018

Shallow Things

I have thought about often over the years how we as modern day humans focus most or all of our attention on things that don't matter in the "Big Picture" of life.  I believe now more than ever that we were not placed here for our own entertainment or pleasure. We have become so distracted by media and influences and worries about what others may think about us, that we have lost sight of what truly matters as a society.  We are created as Eternal beings. What is our Legacy?  Have we done a wonderful job at imparting it?  Or have we hidden our Truth in order to not be frowned upon, and in order to protect ourselves?  Has our focus become what other people think of us?  How much money we make?  What profession we have? Where we live?  What we possess?  Is our subconscious primary focus upon the acceptance from others?  Is it shallow?

God, who created you, created you for so much more. Are you making an impact positively on this world, or are you just existing? Are you just living to please others and fulfill what they believe is the best for your own life?  Or, living for just your own wants and whims?  Are you living to uphold the image you wish to portray?  Are you living in a way that is deeply imbedded in self?  We need to look a lot deeper. A whole lot deeper. Human beings are Spiritual Beings. But we don't see ourselves as that. We get so lost in the things of this world, that we lose sight of our Eternal purpose. I, for one, am so done with all of that!  I want to live in such a way that God, Himself, would be pleased.  I want to live in such a way that those around me would see nothing but Love and Light.  Otherwise, what point is there for me to be at all?  Life, alone, is not the point.  It is what we do with it.

I truly believe we should all be asking ourselves this question. Then, answer honestly to ourselves. And then... reach out to GOD and ask Him for answers, whether we believe He will answer back, or not.  If we do this with a genuinely open heart, I can assure you... God will answer you.  We will begin to be enlightened.

Please, let us all live with purpose!  And let us know better than to be consumed by the darkness that is ever so present in our age, but let us be filled with the Holy Spirit, and be guided by only LOVE.

Yes, I know, deep thoughts on this ordinary Thursday evening. That is all I had to share this evening, and it was very heavy on my heart.  I really felt I had to try to convey this thought: If we all disregard the deeper things for the shallow things, we will all sink, together.

No comments: