Thursday, June 09, 2005

"Fork in the Road"

I have been on this dark path for a while now...
What a strengthening, insightful,
Agonizing journey it has been!
I wouldn't trade it for anything.
But as I peer ahead through this dusk,
I see a fork in the road.
There are now two choices ahead of me.
One path continues on through heavy shadows.
And like the path I have known for sometime now,
There are walls crowding in on each side;
Looming, suffocating, and unfriendly.
But the new path has no walls...
No steady stillness of solitude,
No relentless chill of shame,
No nagging whisper of regret
No ominous feeling of entrapment;
Only fresh air, sunshine, newness
And an air of possibility.
This journey has taught me a lot.
The dark path has taken me
Places I needed to go, to grow.
But I think, as I look ahead at my options,
That it is time to change course.
I think I am going to go
In a different direction for a while.
I will step out in faith and boldness,
To explore unknown places and new possibilities.
I want to discover life in a new light,
Which until now, I have been unable to see
In my darkness.
I approach this fork in the road with intrepidation,
But I know what I must do.
I may be making the wrong choice,
But if I don't step forth and take this risk,
I will always wonder.
Here I go...

No comments: