Wednesday, June 15, 2005

"Letting Go"

I will let go of it all;
Familiar needs that make me fall,
Broken dreams that make me hide,
Fear that makes me draw inside.
I will release all my will,
And let Your Spirit truly fill
Every dark part I have veiled.
You’re the One who has not failed
To be there all along the way;
To show me that You never change;
To teach me Love unconditional;
To grow my faith and show me hope.
I feel You with me, guiding me
Into unknown territory.
I’ve held on to things that can’t
Give the peace I know I want,
Things like love and loss and dreams.
I see I’m too wrapped up in me.
I will let go of this pride.
I refuse to run and hide.
The past is past. Let newness fall.
Today I’ll let go of it all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I will be moving in 2 weeks to another place... new job, new home, no comfort of familiarity - just a fresh start and a new perspective. In letting go of my home and current workplace, I have come to some deeper conclusions. Location is not the only thing I need to let go of. And so I am releasing the things I stubbornly held onto in yearning for stability, and embracing the unknown. I feel afraid, unstable and insecure; but I know that God has led me here. He has made it clear, over the past few months, that this is the direction He wants me to take. So I will go, with nothing but my faith.

I will probably be offline for a long while, as of 2 weeks from today (or maybe a little sooner). So please do not think I have vanished when you see that I have not been online for a while. I am still here - just growing and learning as much as possible, offline.

I love you. God loves you. You have a purpose. Let go, and grow.

No comments: