Monday, June 06, 2005

"Untrue"

I want that which I cannot have.
I crave that which I cannot touch.
I need that which I hate to feel.
I cannot feel, nor love this much,
And not be swimming in my guilt.
And not be drowning in my loss.
And not be aching from this flaw.
I cannot help but count the cost.
If I chose you I will fall.
If I chose you I will break.
If I chose you I will lose.
I cannot love you and not ache.
You only see from your small view.
You only love me in your way.
You only give if you see fit.
You cannot give, but you can take.
You do not mean to hurt me so.
You do not mean to break my heart.
You do not mean to take this soul.
And rip my resolve all apart.
You say someday we may be one.
You say for now it is just you.
You say I matter, but alas,
My dream is already untrue.

~~~~~
I may know the road I am on leads to righteousness and an eternal resting place in Love... but here on earth, I ache sometimes. Eventually, the ache will fade... I just need to get strong again and look up.

No comments: