Sunday, September 27, 2009

"Meadow"

Meadow. Quiet, still,
Floral fragrance filled.
Warm with zephyr's song.
Bluebirds sing along.

A place beyond Hope Lake,
And miles past Mount Fate.
This blissful valley found
Has turned me upside down.

Now spinning, twirling, free.
No shoes upon my feet.
Fresh air and hopes and dreams.
Renewed by gleaming peace.

I fall into soft grass.
A butterfly floats past.
I close my eyes and breathe.
I've found Serenity.

It seems familiar now.
I've travelled here somehow
In distant visions past.
Has Heaven come to pass?

No, I am still alive.
I've crossed not from this side.
This place awakens me
To possibilities...

Of love with not one tear,
Affection without fear,
Devotion full and true;
This peaceful place is you.

Such beauty all around.
I barely feel the ground.
I'll rest here lifetime's long,
Humming our meadow song.

No comments: