Thursday, September 17, 2009

A peaceful morning...

My morning has been so peaceful and happy. Woke up in a good mood, so did the kids. Everyone was very cooperative in getting ready for school. Made some yummy coffee w/ cherry flavor. Made lunches. Dropped kids off at school. Kissed them goodbye. Came home and poured another cup, then sat down in my favorite cushy chair with my Bible and devotional book. Had a wonderful time of prayer with the Lord, and read today's devotional and it really hit home:

"You will not find my peace by engaging in excessive planning: attempting to control what will happen to you in the future. This is a commonly practiced form of unbelief. When your mind spins with multiple plans, Peace may sometimes seem to be within your grasp; yet it always eludes you. Just when you think you have prepared for all possibilities, something unexpected pops up and throws things into confusion. ...I [God] did not design the human mind to figure out the future. That is beyond your capability. I crafted your mind for continual communication with Me. Bring Me all your needs, your hopes, your fears. Commit everything into my care. Turn from the path of planning to the path of Peace."

Wow! I needed that!!!!!

One of the scriptures the devotional referenced was I Peter 5:6-7. Verse 7 just so happens to be my favorite verse since high school. It always brings me comfort when I need it most. So simple... just trust God with all your worries. He will take care of it!

Thank you, Lord Jesus, for the reminder that you are in control, and You love me enough to take all of my worries upon Yourself. I don't have to figure out the future. I don't have to stress about it (like I was last night, I'm sorry, Lord), because You've got it covered! Thank you for this simple reminder, God, and the peace you are flooding my soul with this morning.

Sorry, I always seem to pray in the middle of my posts. Anyway, if you're reading this, please know I wrote it to inspire and remind you to give your worries to Jesus. He cares for you, and He has a beautiful plan for your future! Just wait, in peace.

~m~

No comments: