Thursday, September 24, 2009

"Twelve Moons"

Seeking out, oh, the things that numb.
Reasoning, "I've reason to succumb."
Never did I fathom I'd be here.
Feeling not's the greatest of my fears.

Comfort comes in willing myself blind.
Sweet clarity exposes that bold lie.
Never did I expect all my loss
Would sail twelve moons away with but a toss.

"Then", I wanted just to grasp the "Why".
Forsaking all the ache, I let that die.
All I saw through broken glass was fear.
Shards of Love fell down and led me here.

Sheltering my weak and weary heart.
Sickened by the pity that thought sparked.
I have so much more down here to do,
Than whirlwind in those selfish, poor-me blues.

Feeble ones say they've just had enough.
Warrior children take the hits, yet love.
New eyes see beyond the present night,
A willing soldier born to face the fight.

Acceptance seeps through my calloused, soft veins.
I am meant to give, thus, I'll remain.
I will not deny my calling now.
Love is why I'm here. This is my vow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's very easy to be anonomous, ambigous and safe. It's very difficult to face faults and become vulnerable in regards to the areas in one's life in which they need change or growth or acceptance or just the re-realization of what they already know. It's so painful to be raw and open sometimes. And yet, I know beyond knowing that my calling is to give and love freely, and allow people in all circumstances and levels of learning to see God glorified through me. Can He truly be glorified through an imperfect human such as myself? Yes, I know He can. He's laid it upon my heart. I may be imperfect, but I am His child. That makes me yearn to not only strive for perfection, but reach out to my brothers and sisters and love them through this journey we call life.

No comments: