Thursday, August 31, 2006

"Hideaway"

The world is closing in on me.

I need to get away.

I need to find a place to rest,

A place where I can lay

Every worry and fear down;

Where solace, like the sun

Warms my cool and calloused heart,

And Peace heals tired bones.

I need to find a place to lay

All day beneath clear skies

With not a care to think about,

And no tears in my eyes.

I wish I had someone to be

There with me, who would go

And rest with me in my reprieve,

And hold me very close.

I want to be deeply in love,

And hideaway with him.

I want to be away from life

And start over again.

I want to find a tropical

Island somewhere untouched,

And take my lover there with me

To bask in love and sun.

I think if only dreams came true,

Life wouldn’t feel so tough,

And I could maybe come back to

This place I hate so much;

Because I’d know I’m not alone,

And I would feel refreshed.

But right now, I don’t feel these things.

I feel nothing but stress.

Yes, I know that these are dreams.

I know that I’m alone.

And I know I shouldn’t fear

The future; the unknown.

And Lord, I know I should be grateful

For this life I have

I truly am, but at this moment

I am feeling sad

For all the things that I’ve messed up

And all the things I can’t

Fix and make hurts go away.

I feel so bad for that.

I guess that I’m not strong enough

To make the broken new.

I guess that I’m not tough enough

To savor solitude.

And so I want to run away,

If only for a day

And be alive and be in love

In my dream hideaway.




No comments: