Tuesday, August 22, 2006

"Rejection"

I’ve fought so hard for love.

I’ve held on much too long.

I’ve sacrificed my pride,

Just to prove you wrong.

You said that you don’t feel it,

That I was seeing things;

Phantom fantasies of

Love only in my dreams.

My heart aches from rejection,

And after all this time

I look back on the reasons

I longed to make you mine.

I see that they were based on

A one-sided romance.

And now I am so weary,

And much to tired to dance.

I think that I will bow out.

Is it too late for grace?

Pride is not an option.

There’s no way to save face.

I cannot change the past now,

Nor all the ways I’ve failed.

All that I can do here

Is anchor-up and sail.

Away into the unknown

Where love does not exist,

For love has always failed me,

And apathy is bliss.

No comments: