Tuesday, August 15, 2006

"Wings"

I’m standing on the edge of it;

This shaky precipice of change.

And if I get to close to it,

This wind just might carry me away.

But I have wings,

And the unknown

Is nowhere new to me.

Should I let go?

…Or will I fall?

I like the thought of soaring off

Into the realm of the unknown.

I like the thought of taking flight;

Seeking out a place to call home.

But I have chains.

They seem so strong,

But risking loss somehow

Does not feel wrong.

… I want to fly.

I’m scared to utter words like this,

But deep inside, I feel that peace

Welling up and filling me.

Falling will be such release.

Control is not

All that I thought,

And I am ready now

To finally fall.

… For I have wings.

I can’t predict the outcome of

The risk I think I want to take.

Letting go brings such relief.

Letting go brings such heartache.

But if I don’t,

I’ll stand here, chained

To all the love

I’ve felt in vain.

And so I’ll jump,

And trust these wings will carry me

… Beyond.

1 comment:

Billy Delawder said...

Very Nice!