Saturday, August 05, 2006

Some of the deepest prayers are the ones you sing...

I just wrote this song a minute ago - music and all! It's very exciting. It's the first song-song I have written in months. I've been just writing poetry for a while. But I was playing my keyboard this afternoon, and suddenly felt the Holy Spirit come upon me, and this prayer came out. It may be simple, but I wasn't thinking in terms of eloquence as I was singing it.... it's just my heart, raw. It's something I felt I should share.



"Song of Repentance"


You are my God and

I am your daughter,

But you would never know.

I keep on breakin’

Your heart and takin’

For granted how You show

Me unconditional

Love, Because I can’t

Seem to fathom this task.

How could you love me?

How could You give me

So much more than I ask?

~

And all I do is take……

~

Somewhere in between

Who I used to be

And who I am becoming

Is the girl you see.

I’m not much, but I’m me.

All I’ve got’s this song I sing,

But if You will hold me

And not let go of me,

I know I will do You proud.

God, just keep teachin',

And I will keep reachin'.

This is what my life’s about.

~

I just wanna give….

~

God won’t you take this

Song of repentance,

And make my heart clean and new?

I am done runnin’.

Please won’t you come in.

I surrender it all to You.

You are my God and

I am your daughter,

And I could not be more proud

To be called Your own

I can’t wait to come home,

But til’ then I’ll sing out loud,

~

“I love you!”

No comments: