Sunday, May 22, 2005

"Cyclone"

I feel like I'm spun in a cyclone of chance,
I grasp for stability; wrapped in happenstance.
Evasive security; I loathe the hunt.
Deep, utter faith is all that I want.
As I am spinning, in choas sublime,
I realize all of these choices are mine.
I could let go of the whirlwind and fall
I could reach up to the black sky and call,
And trust that You'll be there to reach down to me,
And choose not to spin, nor to fall but be free.
To choose, to rise, to live, to let go;
To finally rest and to finally know,
The chaos I live that consumes my eyes
Is all just a blink in the span of this life.
I will not wrap myself in need to feel
Security in something that is not real.
The only thing I know with all that I am
Is that You love me, and You have a plan.
Now I don't have to reel here alone...
I'll walk out on this storm and I will come Home.

~~~~~~~~~

Once again he meets me in my low place, and reassures my heart he cares... forever. How much more secure can a person feel? It is such a blessing to be able to rest in the calm only Jesus can bring, and truly know that with Him, all things are possible. With Him, life is a place of hope. Eternity with Him is such an exciting ambition of mine. But for now, I can fall into the arms of my beautiful God, and know He is never too tired of my need, nor my aches, nor my frailty to hold me. I can feel Him... so strong, and it fills my eyes with tears. I love Him more every day.

No comments: