Tuesday, March 14, 2006

One Last Kiss

The song is just the same;
A melancholy tune.
The tempo does not change;
A reverie of you.
I remember moments,
Though they are far and few
You almost dropped the walls
And let your heart fall through.
But all I saw were glimpses,
And then you'd slam the door.
You've nearly convinced me
To fight for us no more.
You never run to me.
You don't have faith in love,
Or maybe it's just that
I am just not enough.
At least I now can say
I gave it all I had.
I did not run away.
Rejection hurts so bad.
I stayed to sing this song.
I stayed just long enough
To leave my heart exposed;
To let you feel my love.
But now the time has come,
And we will remain friends,
For I have lost the will.
This masochism ends.
And maybe from now on
The songs that I will write
Won't be of broken hearts
Or numb and lonely nights.
I'm going to move on;
To turn and walk from this.
But please, before I go...
Just give me one last kiss.

No comments: