Thursday, March 30, 2006

"Tears of Closure"

The tears felt so good

As they burning,

Slid down my cheeks.

It had been so many moons since

I had felt them fall.

Nothing could touch me that deeply.

Nothing could touch me at all.

I knew the moment I asked it;

The question that slipped

Past my lips,

I was about to feel pain.

Hear truth.

You never wanted to admit it…

I never wanted to accept it…

But whatever I lack,

You miss.

And so I will miss too…

You.


Someday someone will really see me,

And in me everything they’ve dreamed.

I will feel the very same way

At the very same time

At last.

I will know love.

I believe this passionately;

With all of me.

It’s that love I’ve prayed for

For so many years…

Not this incomplete,

Contrived version of the same.

But the void feels so deep

In this moment of tearful solitude.

Patience was never my strength,

However, stubborn will is.

And I will save this heart

For love.


I have been praying so hard

For closure,

Or for all of your love.

I wasn’t getting either,

Until now.

Thank you.

Never is a very long time,

But it soothes the ache to hear it.

Now I can progress,

And love you in a way

I had not wished for.

No comments: