Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Unready

Gosh, it feels so good to finally get it! I wonder why I am so thick sometimes. God answers prayers in ways we often do not expect. But the good thing is, I am open to those answers... and to His will.... whatever it may be! My quest for love has ended.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Unready"


I prayed for you

All those years,

And you never came.

I yearned for you;

Begged for you;

Even tried to create you

Out of another,

But love fades.

I always wondered…

Why?

And I questioned God

And His timing.

I always knew I was

Born to love you.

So why didn’t you come?
Sometimes it takes

A slap in the face,

Or someone else’s mistake

To make one see the light.

And now that my eyes are open,

I see.

God didn’t ignore me.

You didn’t let me down.

Sometimes what we want

Isn’t what we need.

Sometimes happy endings

Are not meant to be.

I feel a peace dawning.

I feel contentment

Descending over me.

And I think I can finally

Rest.

I am enlightened

And suddenly aware.

I am unready

For love.

No comments: