Saturday, March 18, 2006

"Walls"

The walls build much easier,

As days wander by,

To construct. So destructive

To my old way of life.

Where before I would suffer

Amidst heart’s agony,

I now find the burning

Such reduced misery.

I hope I’m not losing

The person I was;

The one who was capable

Of intense, always love.

But I like what I’ve gained:

This newfound ability

To shut down the ache

For a semblance of peace.

I’m not quite as tough

And I do yearn to be,

But I’m so far from broken.

No more soft and weak.

Maybe this new face

Is just a façade.

I was never good at gambling,

But the wager is on.

Will it change me or bite me

Or swallow me whole?

Will my heart slowly harden

‘Til I can feel no more?

One day will you help me

To turn me back on?

But for now, come and let me

Surrender ‘til dawn.

No comments: